Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Rough period

Been going through rough period since I last posted.

I don't want to use this as a personal venting forum, but lets just say day-to-day life is more of a nuisance than anything to me and my coping skills are not very good.

The dilema is that when I feel like this, my energy is way down. I don't run or work out thinking I won't be out there long enough to make it worthwhile and that even if I do, my problems (which seem insurmountable at times) will still be there.
Yet at the same time I know that running is the only thing that keeps me (relitavely) sane and that I do feel at least a little better afterwards.

In the past few months I've even had runs of 10-15 minutes which sound meaningless for someone who's completed a marathon and is aiming at more.
Nonetheless, after those I did get the sense of satisfaction of having gone out.

Yesterday was my first longer training session as i was 15 minutes on the treadmill and followed that with 45 minutes of weights.
I also went for a quick 20-minute run this morning.

The feeling of looking forward to the next run is slowly coming back and right now, that's the only thing I find meaningful in my life.

Looking forward to tonight's run and posting the results...

1 Comments:

Blogger Mieke Jeanne said...

Thanks for this ... I suffer from depression and have found that exercise is an incredible help in managing this. I also love reading about other people's experiences. Too often I feel ashamed of my depression - reading your blog reminds me that I am not alone. Good luck - I'll continue to check in:)

M

2:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home